DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
The Department of Information Resources (DIR) requires the services of one or more Project Managers, hereafter referred to as Worker(s), who meets the general qualifications of ITSAC Project Manager 1 Category, Core Technology Type
and the specifications outlined in this document for the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Enterprise.
All work products resulting from the project shall be considered “works made for hire” and are the property of the HHSC. HHSC may include pre-selection requirements that potential Vendors (and their Workers) submit to and satisfy criminal background checks as authorized by the Texas law. HHSC will pay no fees for interviews or discussions, which occur during the process of selecting a Worker(s).
Project Overview: HHSC Claims Management Division (CMD) is responsible for overseeing multiple projects including the transition to managed care of 1915c waivers serving individuals with intellectual disabilities and the Electronic Visit Verification redesign affecting Medicaid recipient authorizations, billing, payment, and approvals. These projects will touch multiple long-term care claims processing/billing applications including; Claims Management System (CMS), Texas Medicaid and Healthcare Partnership (TMHP), ID CARE, and the Service Authorization System Online (SASO). These systems collectively are part of the Texas Medicaid Management Information System (TMMIS).
The project manager will oversee all phases of their assigned project, ensuring the state receives a quality product that meets the desired operational and technical requirements expected from each project. The project manager will oversee business analysts, stakeholder communications, and vendor activities, along with user acceptance testing, conversion, implementation, post-implementation, and related project efforts. The project manager will have considerable latitude to use their experience and judgment to ensure successful completion of projects. The project manager will be able to multi-task, analyze priorities, communicate clearly, and set expectations for each project. The project manager will be responsible for communicating with multiple internal/external stakeholders including; executives, contractors, technical staff, program staff, and TMHP staff.
The project manager will facilitate meetings, document decisions, and plan deliverables for each project as required. The project manager will ensure that project is on schedule and advise of any conflicts or issues that may result in not achieving deadlines.
The services to be provided include, but are not limited to, the following:
II. WORKER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Provide knowledgeable project management, analysis and resource assistance to CMD projects.
- Provide strategic technical vision for enterprise systems, proposed projects, and system enhancements.
- Present project updates and recommendations to executive management.
- Work with Program Area and team to analyze and document the business processes and requirements.
- Understand business and technical objectives of the project.
- Maintain project work plan; track budget and schedule via appropriate metrics.
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, and monitor and summarize progress of project.
- Build an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluate outcomes.
- Coordinate with IT project technical leads, HHSC program and other subject-matter experts, contractor representatives, and other State agency representatives as required to ensure necessary tasks, deliverables and timelines are completed.
- Organize project work sessions often including multiple departments.
- Document risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Identify, track, and ensure resolution of issues and removal of barriers.
- Suggest program-specific processes to support staff.
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external stakeholders.
- Document reporting requirements and program decisions.
- Based on set intervals, complete reporting for the Project Management and Repository System (PMRS), Quality Assurance Team (QAT), and Post-Implementation Review of Business Outcomes (PIRBO).
- Ensure that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, and status updates as well as disseminates information to team members and customers.
- Perform knowledge transfer activities to state staff.
- Organize and manage work on internal projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent technical, business and project management leadership skills.
- A self-motivated professional with a strong background in relational and multidimensional database design and development, project management, including technical leadership, with the following qualifications
||Full-time experience utilizing business analysis skills and interacting with business end users and technical staff.
||Experience with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Word, Excel, etc.).
||Experience in effective general written/oral communication, including documenting deliverables and project status.
||Experience utilizing the Waterfall methodology for software development.
||Experience with Microsoft Project.
||Project management experience on projects implementing business processes in an automation environment, including experience from project conceptualization to implementation.
||Experience utilizing the Agile methodology or other form of adaptive software development methodology.
||Experience working in a team environment.
||Application and analysis of long term care business including integration into automated systems with TMMIS knowledge in long term care, Claims Management System and Service Authorization System.
||Knowledge of Texas Health and Human Services programs.
Senior Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services LLC
We Are Connected