Cyber-Crimes Associate/Full Research Professor, Stephenville, Tx
We are seeking a Cyber Security Research Professor for a university in the Dallas area. This is a new employment opportunity. Seeking a strong Cyber Security expert with past expertise as Security Architect or Chief Security Officer or a high level role. The chosen person will create a plan for a cyber research program.
- The newly created Institute of Homeland Security, Cybercrime, and International Criminal Justice Studies within the School of Criminology, Criminal Justice, and Strategic Studies at Tarleton State University seeks a dynamic individual to serve as Associate Research Professor/Research Professor in Cyber Crime and/or Predictive Policing.
- Academic study in this area is paramount to national security interests domestically and internationally.
- Understanding the methods, meanings, and patterns to online radicalization is a primary importance to law enforcement agencies like the Federal Bureau of Investigation and intelligence agencies like the National Security Administration and Central Intelligence Agency.
- These agencies can utilize this information by thwarting possible attacks but also directly counter radicalization efforts through alternate messages to at risk populations.
- This position will have access to a substantial start-up package to include student research support, doctoral fellowships, development staff, etc.
Tarleton State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer. As a member of The Texas A&M System, Tarleton will provide equal opportunity for employment to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity and will strive to achieve full and equal employment opportunity through The Texas A&M System.
The incumbent will be expected to:
- Develop a nationally recognized, externally funded research program in an area of cyber-crime detection and/or prevention.
- Establish collaborations with faculty at Tarleton State University and other professionals in the state, nation, and internationally that lead to refereed publications and/or externally funded research. Mentor Master and Doctoral students in the School of Criminology, Criminal Justice and Strategic Studies.
- Supervise direct reports including student researchers (when applicable) and operations of assigned research labs and projects.
- PhD or equivalent terminal degree in an area of criminal justice, criminology, cyber-security, information systems, information systems security or other closely related field.
- Demonstrated ability to secure external funding, manage projects and produce appropriate resulting publications.
- Experience or interest in social media qualitative analysis, counter terrorism, or other related field.
- Interest or demonstrated success in working with the public and/or private sector to address or prevent cyber threats.
- Practical and/or academic experience in criminal justice matters.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor team members, collaborate with peers and communicate with various groups in both written and oral formats.
- Incumbent should have the interest and capability to work both independently and as a multidisciplinary team member.
- To be considered for the rank of Associate Research Professor the candidate will need at least 7 years of experience in area of specialization.
- To be considered for the rank of Research Professor the candidate will need at least 12 years of experience in area of specialization.
- Understanding of the technical architecture required to conduct cyber-terrorism or cyber-crime related research.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Computer network analysis, Cyber-terrorism research, cyber-crime research, qualitative analysis of social networks or other relevant, closely related field.
Pedigo Staffing Services will facilitate the above position. Fill out the short questionnaire, provide a resume, and email five references.
Thank you for the consideration.
Owner, Staffing Consultant
Pedigo Staffing Services
9504 IH35 North, Suite 3012, San Antonio, Tx 78233
We Are Connected